Tuesday, August 18, 2009

{ MOOSEY + CHACHI }






Today's post is for all of you dog lovers that treat their pets like family...you know who you are! I'm not talking fashion, design or even weddings today. For the past two days I've been taking a step back and working from home (aka the beautiful backyard The Deputy designed and built for me.) Every once in a while heading into the studio just doesn't seem appealing. So meet Moose + Chachi! My "office-mates" for the past few days! Isn't it amazing how our four-legged friends have the ability to make us smile?

Some of you know my "previous life" as I like to call it was in law enforcement. I have NEVER liked small dogs. I've been a lab and shepherd kind of girl since I can remember. Chachi, my chihuahua is a product of that previous life I mentioned. While on an assignment this little 1.7lb, nearly hairless, covered in fleas with ribs protruding from his side little BEAST tried to attack me when I entered his, not-so-law-abiding ,owners home. I gave his previous owners a few "options" with regards to animal cruelty.....they opted to give me "Charlie" as they called him in lieu of jail time....I don't think rescue dogs ever forget that you saved them....

Moose or "dumb-dumb" as The Deputy lovingly calls him is our 115lb+ labrador we got from a local law enforcement colleague. As soon as we saw him we realized why he was the LAST one to be chosen from the litter! Feet the size of saucers, but the most beautiful green eyes we had ever seen! So several pairs of chewed up shoes later, a little adjustment time with Chachi (who's completely in charge of the duo) and we have our dynamic pair.

My friend Penny was over visiting one day, and for those of you that know her, she can't resist photos of dogs! And we're so glad she did! Hope my little/big guys gave you a smile....thanks Penny!

5 comments:

Studio Z said...

Aw! your babies are soo cute!

Stephanie J Designs said...

i'm so glad you posted something just about YOU! :)

Alison Ulshoffer Events & Design said...

O thanks ladies! They're pretty darn special ;-)

JBauerPhotography said...

Obsessed dog lover here as well.. It is so true that they know just how to make you smile. Both of ours are rescues, and I am totally obsessed with them lol.. I think I have more pictures of them than with my husband haha

The Memory Journalists said...

Awww! Your kids are so cute! Our small dog runs the show too. So funny. Nice story about Chachi. I'm so glad he found you!

Signature

Signature